Friday, August 29, 2008

The week in review

This has been one lonnnngggggggg week.  First, having to have our sweet cat put down.  Then, the anticipation of the announcement of the closing of our retail store.  Then, well...there's some stuff I'm worried about in my family right now.  It's just been a week I'm happy to see be almost over.



It's pouring rain right now, with lots of thunder and lightning.  I love it.



I hope you've all had a good week and are going to have a better weekend.  I plan to sit in my rocker as much as I can, knitting or hooking...with maybe some time at the spinning wheel.



Thanks to all of you who have sent me such wonderful e-mails about our closing the retail shop. Shopdoor
It's folks like you who made it such a pleasure to be in business these last years, and the decision to do what we're doing hard .



For those customers who were nothing but a pain in the you know what, let me go down on record as saying you are high on my list for what I won't miss. I am tired of being polite to you while you can't return the favor.  If you have never owned a retail business and been treated the way you've treated us, I hope you have the chance someday to know how it feels.  You know who you are, if you're reading this (and I suspect at least a couple of you are).  Remember that what goes around definitely comes around.  If I've learned nothing else these last six years, I hope I've at least learned how to be a gracious and considerate customer.



Last, but not least, my heart felt thanks to all the condolence messages I got about the loss of our beloved Maynard.  It really did help me get through it.  ---Martie



1 comment:

RuthieJ said...

Hi Martie,
I was sad to hear of you closing the retail store too--even though I'd never been there. I've never owned my own business, but have been an employee in retail business, so I know what you're talking about and it HAS made me a more gracious and considerate customer too. Being in retail is a very tough job and I remember those times when just 1 poopy person could ruin an entire day!