Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Signs of the times



It has been busy here, in a very good way. There was a pretty serious scare about four weeks ago, but mother and baby are doing well now, and we are counting the weeks to a safe arrival. We are hoping for another 10 weeks, and if they go as fast as these last four have, that time will pass swiftly (easy for me to say...I'm not the one on 100% bed rest).

These are a couple of signs I wanted to share with you. The McDonald's sign in Chinese had me in shock...I saw this while driving to my sister's house in Los Angeles recently. The other sign, on the car, was in the parking lot at the hospital last month. It really cracked me up.

Just a little social commentary to ponder.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

glad everything is ok. xxx

Liz said...

I am very glad mom and baby are ok, how stressful for all involved. The sign on the car is hilarious. Fitting for a hospital. I work in one and deal with social commentary on a daily basis. :-)

Anonymous said...

I hope the weeks go fast. -Jack

Taos Sunflower said...

Thanks for all the positive thoughts!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Honey I was just thinking about mother and baby this morning and so I wanted to come by and check and see how things are going. Glad you let us know and so happy that everything is going good now. I will continue to pray for all of you
Those signs you posted are too funny.
Have you entered my CSN giveaway it is for $70.00 and if you win you can buy some baby things.
Love ya
Maggie

Taos Sunflower said...

Dear Maggie: I was laughing my head off on your blog last night, but haven't wanted to post because I was actually trying not to register for the giveaway...I'd rather someone else share the goodies, but thanks for thinking of us. This baby is up to her little ears in clothes, shoes, etc. already...more than I had at one time as a kid and she's not even here yet! Thanks for thinking of us, XOXO Martie