Friday, September 10, 2010

Christine




A few nights ago, around 9:30, my car horn start honking repeatedly. I was up here alone, and wasn't sure if I should grab a Rottweiler and go investigate, or hide in the house. I chose the second option. Then, at 2:15 a.m., it started again. I was starting to get creeped out.

Closer inspection the next morning showed no bear paw prints, nor little critter prints, so I went on about my business. During the course of the day, it lovingly honked at me as we did our rounds in town, and again, while I was washing the windshield. I was starting to worry it was the spirit of someone trying to get through to me. (grin)

A trip to the Santa Fe Toyota dealer solved my problems yesterday, it was a sensor going beserk. On my drive down there, I got excited to see this trailer full of fresh chile ristras, headed for someone's home in the future, whether to be eaten or for decoration. It is another harbinger of fall; I remember my neighbors in Chimayo telling me they hung them in their attic space to dry and store during winter. YUM...nothing like good Chimayo red chile sauce.

And while Oprah would have admonished me for using my telephone camera while driving, I decided this bridge was too cool to pass up. I apologize for the quality, I was driving into the sun when I took it. This was one of several art projects that happened with the Indian pueblos redid the roads north of Santa Fe some years back. I love that they celebrated their culture with art in a public place.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Kim said...

LOL Love the post title. The car does sound possessed. And don't feel bad - I would have chosen option 2 also.

Anonymous said...

Back-to-back chile posts . . . you're making me hungry. There's nothing like fall in NM. Enjoy!

Taos Sunflower said...

I know, I'm beside myself with joy and can't help myself. :0)

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you back in Taos. Spooks in the machine? Know the feeling. Thank you for commenting during my downtime and damage from the storm. Finally got back up this afternoon. They worked on this on a Sunday. Hope it stays up. We'll see. I envy your falls in Taos. Used to go up every time I could from Amarillo.

RuthieJ said...

A trailer load of chile ristras! That's definitely something I've never passed driving down the road in Minnesota!