Sunday, March 17, 2013

One strip at a time

A couple of months ago I decided to start a strip quilt.  I thought it would be a fun project to work on in between other projects.  My plan was to make a block here and there until I had enough for the quilt.  I should have known better.


My compulsive personality had me sewing like a maniac on these for what seemed like weeks.  I really don't recall now how long the total project took, but it was a blast.  I have known, since the beginning of my fledgling quilting hobby, that I am a scrap quilter at heart. This one seals the deal.

8 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Wonderful!! I love your border too.

Kim said...

Wow, it's amazing! All those little pieces.....you are patient and committed. Great job

Linda Huesca Tully said...

It looks like a stained glass window. Absolutely beautiful, Martie!

turquoisemoon said...

Amazing...you are a true artist!

Sara said...

Beautiful!

sallyrae said...

That's something else Sunflower!! Beautiful!

Brenda said...

well girlie...you are as talented a quilter as you are at everything else you do...this is stunning!

Ter'e said...

BREATHtaking!!!!!! Love this. I simply love every inch of your talents!