Monday, May 22, 2006

I meant well

Last evening, the prospect of this entire Monday to accomplish so much was almost as wonderful as it would have been to have opened the refrigerator and found it stocked with creme brulee.



Alas, it wasn't to be.  After sleeping in far too late, I made a pot of coffee and decided the next best thing I should do was catch up with friends by telephone.  My game?  I have a headset and a holster for my phone...so what's a girl to do but knit during phone calls?  While this was great fun, it still wasn't that whirlwind, genie out of a bottle, I-want-to-clean-the-house feeling I was hoping for.  However...I finished a raglan pullover I'm knitting for the Dulaan Project and that felt great.  Do you know about this project?  It was written up in the front of the spring issue of Vogue Magazine...a group of wonderful people all over this country are knitting clothes to be donated to the orphans in Mongolia.  Want to know more?  Google on Dulaan Project...it's part of an organization in Flagstaff, AZ, called F.I.R.E.  It's a great way to start using up that stash, and feel great about it while you're at it.



The good news: one of those calls was with Terri Ranck, designer extraordinaire and FOTS (Friend of Taos Sunflower).  We've about settled on two class topics, to be taught the weeks of July 10 and/or July 17.  One of those classes is her Tie On One class...we are already taking names for this, so if you're interested, please contact the shop at info@taossunflower.com as soon as you can.  Watch for posting of these classes on the website, www.taossunflower.com, by early next week.



Dinner dishes behind, I am now headed for the spinning wheel, to spin up some of that delicious Blue Faced Leicester I painted a few weekends ago.  At this late part of the day, I am certain it's not a good idea to worry about the laundry...Martie



1 comment:

kitkatknit said...

Hello from Susan and Dave from Washington State. We were in on Saturday. Loved the shop!! We'll be posting our pictures soon on my blog.