Sunday, November 22, 2009

Play day




I have long believed that Sunday should be a day of rest and renewal. I remember when I first started visiting New Mexico years ago, in smaller towns like Taos you wouldn't find much open on Sundays, and many businesses closed early on Saturday afternoons.
Adhering to this belief, I have chosen to ignore the laundry, dishes, vacuuming and other things today and am playing on my spinning wheel. It's my first day with my new (blended) bifocals, so I'm trying to stay put and not feel like I'm in the fun house when walking around. Yesterday I managed to make these batts while down at the shop, so I'm working on one of them today. (Locks are courtesy of HollyEQQ.com...Wensleydale...yum.)

Hope you're resting and enjoying yourself today...the housework will still be there later this week, just ignore it if at all possible.

2 comments:

Twisted in Texas said...

Positively dreamy batts, but I would expect nothing less from you, oh Fiber Goddess. Show us the finished yarn soon, pls, pls, pls!

Taos Sunflower said...

I'm spinning a third one right now...takes me about 4-5 hours to spin and ply, so it's slow going. Great for watching movies, though! XOXO