Sunday, December 4, 2011

In response

Rather than just comment back on each of your comments to my last post, I feel that another posting to discuss your comments might be in order.  First of all, thank you for taking the time to respond.  It was comforting to know I'm not the only one wondering what's OK and what's not to blog about.

Cathy, I love what you said about needing to give yourself permission to say what you really feel.  If you knew me in real life, you'd know that I rarely seem to have a problem blurting out what's on my mind and probably often at the expense of sounding utterly tactless.  For some reason, though, I worry here when I write that I will hurt someone's feelings.  What's that all about????

Kim...I love how you let it all hang out.  A while back you did a posting about someone who cut you off in traffic and I just loved it.  Sometimes it's those things that seem so pointless on the big scheme of things that irritate us the most, and knowing that I'm not the only one who feels like that is comforting.

Courtney and Lesley Ann...yes, it's the honesty of day to day living that is sometimes easiest to report on; our successes, our failures, our disappointments and our delights.  I love them on your own blogs and feel you've all given me permission to be a little more open about my stuff.  I'll try not to take advantage of that.

Ter'e...you crack me up.  Thanks for being who you are, my cyber twin.

Holding hands with Maddy Rose
Grateful Heart...thank you for such a warm and thoughtful response.  I guess, in the end, we all just resonate with certain people and love sharing their worlds.  You are one of the reasons I came back to blogging...your message to me when I thought I was bailing out really meant a lot to me.  Thank you from my own grateful heart.

So now, at the risk of this posting getting ridiculously long, I'd like to share something with you.  It came to me on Facebook this week.  If you have a moment, I'd like to share this list called "The Top Five Regrets of the Dying".  More food for thought going forward.

And now...I'm off to try to gather my marbles into one bag, so to speak.  It has been a gloriously busy couple of months and I've taken the liberty to stake out today and tomorrow as days I will not see anyone, not get in my car and go anywhere, and possibly not even get out of my pajamas.  I need to recharge my batteries!

No comments: