Friday, October 30, 2009

Good day, sunshine




It's been sort of dreary and grey the last couple of days, so it feels totally joyful to have it be sunny and bright today.

We didn't get as much snow as we had thought we might get, but the ski valley got 12", so that's a good start for them. The temperatures have dropped rapidly...it was 9F this morning around 7:00 a.m.

When it snows, one of the tasks for Mr. Sunflower is to keep the solar panels cleared, so they can operate at maximum capacity. We (the dogs and I) accompanied him this morning as he did this. Along the way I found these little sunflowers wearing snow hats and thought they were pretty cute.

4 comments:

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

Seeing the snow and Taos Mt pics makes me miss, miss, miss NM. Loving the photos, blankets and your wonderfully colorful drawing. My age must be catching up with that "When I'm old I shall wear purple" etc poem. I think I could live in that vivid house. Now my husband...not so much.
Enjoy! Chris

Stephanie and Mona said...

The snow in Taos is almost surreal - the bright white snow and clear blue sky are so striking. Enjoy it while it's still fresh!

StephanieG

RuthieJ said...

9 degrees! Wow Martie, that's really chilly -- even by Minnesota standards. What elevation are you at?

Taos Sunflower said...

We're at a little over 7900 ft. elevation.