Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Spring socks

I have long been intrigued with the socks in the Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook where the dyer merely spotted roving with dye vs. totally covering all the white fibers.  I found some Merino roving recently and decided to give it a try...but heavy hand that I have, I ended up with more dye in the roving than I should have, so contrast between light skein and dark skein isn't as obvious as I'd like.  I spun this wool on my Rio Grande wheel, in a two ply that seems to want to be knitted on 2.25 (metric) needles.Cimg0386 I am a woman possessed...I started these at bedtime and stayed up too late to get this far enough along to share with you.  In case the color doesn't come through well, these colors are the fresh green of spring and the color of the wild Rocky Mountain Iris that, on a good year, bloom profusely in selected meadows around Taos.  ---Martie



No comments: