Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A blissful day

The stars must have been lined up just right yesterday, because I sure got a lot done.  I managed to dye up quite a lot of wool, samples of some I share here with you as eye candy. Library0018
While this was happening, I raced madly back and forth to the house to tend the washer, which was happily cleaning the fleeces that will find their way to the dye pots later this week. 
Library0019_2

Just to make sure I had no spare moments...we brought this wheel home from the shop so I could spin outside.
  Heaven!  Here's a picture of what I managed in between the other things.  I wanted to share this with those of you who don't do all this crazy stuff.  Please note:  not included is the smell of dirty fleece (which I am oddly attracted to) and the dye pots (which I find repugnant).  Off to work now...hoping to get more of these good things done in the next few days.  ---Martie



8 comments:

Bennie said...

those purple and greens are so beautiful, me wants some!!!...i am totally gone now also because i love sniffing those fleeces....and really like the smell of ram fleece....what can i say....whatca gonna make with the new stuff....i see popcorn on the wheel!!!....luv,b...i finally have new photos....yipee....miss uuuuuuuuuuu

Martie said...

Yo Benster...those wools are destined to become skeins of Twisted In Taos...and yes, that's Popcorn on the wheel...send some pics! XOXO

Mandie said...

I'm thrilled that I'm not the only one who is an avid fleece sniffer - I feel much better knowing that you and Bennie do it too!

Martie said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...maybe there are more of us out there than we know...Fleece Sniffers Anonymous...

Leslie said...

Looking forward to plundering the fruits of your labors in October!

Martie said...

Vene, vidi, visa!

Evil Landlord (EL) said...

Sunflowers,
EL is watching your activities. Oh yes you are being noticed.
Sniffing fleece, very suspicious.
EL is watching you.
Ever watchful,
EL

Martie said...

Dear EL: I caught someone with a long lens taking a photo of our shop yesterday from the Seco Pearl parking lot...now I know it was your agents. I am afraid you may have to force us to go under cover with our activities...however, remember that New Mexico laws are still those of the old west, and to the best of our knowledge, we believe it's still legal to sniff wool.