Monday, October 8, 2007

Wow...what a week

I am headed to the shop soon to clear the way for the next Pluckyfluff class...and decided to post a few verbal snapshots of last week first.



The party started on Tuesday, when Lexi showed up to start arranging all the spinning fibers for the next day's class...it was SO awesome to have her here in Taos and have her energy flying all over our shop.  About an hour later, HollyEQQ  arrived, fresh from a long trip from Florida.  Hallelujah!  We only "met" on line about two months ago, and now here we are, face to face in little old Arroyo Seco.  Too cool!  Trying to be the best possible hostess, I dragged the poor girl up to the ski valley for dinner and sat and talked her ears off while she was probably wishing she could crawl under the table and get away from me...remember, she had just gone from sea level to 9,200 ft. in one day...and if you haven't done that lately, it can be pretty brutal.



Class with Lexi was the best.  I'll post my own photos on that tomorrow or Wed., if they came out OK, and in the meantime, Holly has some on her live journal which pretty much sum it up.



On Friday, Robin Page came to hang out with us for the day.  What a sweetheart!!  I had a hard time saying good bye to her at the end of the day on Saturday...she's a perfect fit for Taos Sunflower and it felt like she had been "one of us" for ages.  Her demo on Friday turned into a room full of loads of laughter, questions, and *the* most wonderful assortment of hand spun and hand dyed yarns.  I captured a stash of her limited edition, two-ply worsted hand spun and will share the results another day.  You should see her treadle that Ashford Country Spinner...yeow-zah!  That bobbin was flying.  I have decided I am going to add one of these wheels to my collection in an attempt to make this part of my (almost non-existent) exercise program.  I'll let you know if I can figure out how to make this an aerobic exercise...hummm.....



Saturday morning we flew through the park in record time, grabbing the things we'd been plotting for months...dyed mohair locks being #1 on the list...then we raced back to Seco to be prepared for the weekend.  It was wonderful...smooth and never too crowded at one time, so everyone could leisurely browse.



The most fun?  Seeing familiar faces from previous years and meeting new friends.  I want to say I was very touched by those of you who sought me out to tell me how much you enjoy reading our blog...it's always hard to know who's really out there, and what you all like to hear about.  Please don't be shy about sending comments, so I'll know you're out there and what you're enjoying...you're the reasons I'm having all this fun, so don't be bashful!  ---Martie



PS  Best quote of the weekend came late yesterday...Lexi and her family came out to Seco to bring fibers for today's class...and as they entered the village, her 3 or 4 year old daughter, Pixel, said..."oh this is the place that only has one horse!"  Out of the mouths of babes.......      :0)



No comments: