Friday, October 16, 2009

Traveling days



Tuesday night I found myself in the historic La Posada hotel in Winslow, Arizona. I know I've posted about this old hotel before...but if you're not familiar, it's the last of the old Fred Harvey hotels that was designed by Mary Colter. It was closed in 1957 and used for many years by the telephone company.

It has been lovingly restored these last years and whenever we cross the desert on our way to California, we try hard to stay there. If you're in the area, I recommend you stop in to visit, or stay, and schedule a meal at their fabulous restaurant.

While walking their grounds, I found this unlikely person resting at the base of a tree. She is, to say the least, a little out of her waters...but as with all things La Posada, her presence just seemed right.

Tuesday afternoon, after checking in, I decided to find a quiet spot and sit and sketch. I found a bench tucked into an alcove across from the back entrance to the hotel. I love the sentiments on these doors and wanted to share them with you.

4 comments:

RuthieJ said...

Winslow, Arizona.....brings to mind one of my favorite Eagles songs. Looks like you found a good place to "Take It Easy" Martie!

Twisted in Texas said...

Whoohoo! Love the new site!!

Unknown said...

welcome to blogspot! a new stage in life requires a new place to write about it. xxx

Taos Sunflower said...

Thanks, Shawn! I love the formatting here. You inspired me (again). XXXX