Monday, May 4, 2009

Joggins

JogginsBayofFundy Back to our field trip yesterday...we visited the fossil cliffs at nearby Joggins (the site of the pheasant which left us so excited).  There is a big visitor center there, and I confess, we didn't go in.  I did, however, take some photos there.

ParkingSign The first thing I saw when I drove in the parking lot was this sign.  I just love Canada.  They are so forward thinking and conscientious.  There was also a wind generator on the other side of the parking lot that I assume is used to help support the visitor center.  Meanwhile, back in the U.S., we're busy dumping more money into an automobile industry which was built around the oil industry.   I promise to stop there.

Along the way, I saw farmhouses and barns.  I love them all.  I always wanted to live in an old house.  Victorian would have been wonderful, Craftsman ditto, farmhouse divine...I'm pretty easy.  Just something with a big old porch and the feeling that there is a lot of history and love in those walls.GreenFarmHouse



1 comment:

Teresa Q said...

Wow. I feel like I am on the trip with you! Can't wait to know what "we" are going to see next. Love it.
Teresa