Friday, December 18, 2009

Back to real life


My friend had to leave yesterday. We had six glorious days of enjoying each other's company. She has lived in India for the last number of years, so she was in dire need of lots of green chile, Dr. Pepper, and good old Ben & Jerry's ice cream. We made sure to cover all those bases each day.

We sat at our spinning wheels each afternoon and watched lots of movies. These are the yarns that we made.

We often talked about our country versus her adopted homeland. I enjoyed hearing about other countries and cultures she has been exposed to. I decided for all the concerns and complaints, it's pretty clear we're still in a good place.

What a wonderful holiday present.

2 comments:

Twisted in Texas said...

What a wonderful week. Great handspun as usual. I haven't spun a thing for a month. Something doesn't feel right when one is not spinning.

recklessspinner said...

I bet the stories had the time flying away - I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall then!