Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Looking ahead



It's been a bit since I've felt inspired to blog, I admit. I guess it's that year end reflection stuff...thinking about what was and what may be ahead. This week's news about the Panty Bomber and our never ending tales of government screw ups wasn't any help, I admit. I guess that's just what happens when something gets too big and there are too many people in the loop. Sometimes I think it's a wonder any of it works at all.

I've been spinning some fun stuff this last week...batts, mostly, and turning them into what I hope will be lace weight yarn when all is said and done. I guess spinning tiny yarn is a component of being in this mood, something small that requires focus and gives one a small feeling of control of something.

I took these photos on the morning of Solstice when that first light entered the house.

I wish you all a safe and happy 2010. Thanks for being there.

Martie

6 comments:

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

I always love coming by your site. Yes you are so right about this past year. It is wonder that we are still all together in blogland and able to write our true feelings the way our country seems to be falling apart. I want it back the way it was before I ever heard of those crazy stupid people over there and there terrorist acts. I want our boys and girls home where they belong.
Anyway all we can do is keep praying and praying.
Why don't you put your lovely stuff on my Temptations Mondays post so everyone can enjoy your site.
If interested email at grandmayellowhair@gmail.com
Maggie

Taos Sunflower said...

Maggie: I've answered you privately because I'm so crabby today...don't want to depress anyone anymore than I have already! :0)

Robyn said...

hi Martie, So nice to have made your acquaintance in 2009! I look forward to more in 2010.

See, something good!

XOX, Robyn

Taos Sunflower said...

You are so right, Robyn!!! I should not post on grey days. Thanks for that! XOXO

Anonymous said...

I love the shot of your wheel!
XO Bennie

~ Phyllis ~ said...

That's a lovely wheel.