Because of the hot and often smokey days of this past week, I've had quite a lot of time to hook on the rug I started a couple of months ago. It's a design from the Las Rancheritas hooking project in Mexico, so I've been trying to keep that south of the border feeling to it. I blew up the original pattern to make it quite large, and added a border; the side borders I'm doing in hit or miss with as many scraps as I can possibly use up. It has been fun. A couple of days ago, I decided if these girls could have pink lips (beaks), they could also have striped stockings. I'm trying to get this finished before I return to the coast early in August. So...off to hook.