Friday, July 29, 2011

Studio visit

Yesterday I took the morning to visit my dear friend Monte.  Many of you may remember we worked together all those years in the yarn shop, and have had many adventures together since. 

On the wheel...
Off the wheel!
Time to visit is at a premium these days, between her being so busy with her business and my being gone so much.  Because of this, I knew that while I'd be there, she'd be busy spinning away for her Etsy shop, MyMixMix.  Her yarns are elegant and fun, at the same time.  Many of her skeins are shorter, so they're perfect for embellishing projects, needle felting, and whatever else you can dream up.  They'd also add that perfect little je ne sais quoi to a knitting, crochet, or hooking project.  I have a collection of her yarns I am hoarding for that morning I wake up and have *the* perfect project in mind for them!

If you stop by and visit Monte, please be sure to tell her I was bragging about her and her work!

9 comments:

Brenda said...

What a fun visit! And what beautiful yarn! Can't wait to see what You come up with!

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

I always admire the thick and thin novelty yarn spinning. It takes more skill than making an even draft, I think. Her yarns are beautiful.
Courtney

Taos Sunflower said...

Brenda: I'm not sure I have the plan yet...but I knitted a big blanket from lots of these kinds of yarns a couple of years ago. That was super fun, and I love using it.

Taos Sunflower said...

Courtney: You're so right! That's why I always tell a beginner to make sure they really want a more even yarn, because once you start dabbling in those waters, it's hard to turn around. Isn't that just weird? :0)

Kim said...

So pretty. I will have to check it out. I do love adding the bling to my projects. Sorry I haven't answered you back lately but now that my company has left I will be getting caught up with everyone soon.

Taos Sunflower said...

No worries, Kim! It sounds like it has been a great time in your world. I rather envy you all the fun! XXX

Jack Matthews said...

I like your new blog design and especially the two? colors of sunflowers? You are on the west coast again, it seems. You have two beautiful worlds to inhabit -- coast and mountains.

Taos Sunflower said...

Jack...great to hear from you! You've been on my mind so much this summer, between fires and drought. I hope you get relief soon. Still follow your postings...loved the cactus pictures...our front yard here on the coast has an entire bed of those and they are just gorgeous and colorful during certain times of the year. Take care...M.

Liz said...

How beautiful!! I have been wanting to spin yarn like that. I need a bigger flyer I think but it is my mission before the end of the year! This is very inspiring. :-)