Thursday, July 30, 2009

Monsoon season

Typically we expect our monsoon season to be July and August, but this year it seems to have been raining since spring.  We had our two weeks of "hot" weather and that has now passed (hot being defined as low 90s days, high 50s at night).  What seems to be becoming more spectacular as the summer goes on is our afternoon display of clouds.  I stopped in town a few days ago and as I got out of the car, saw this beauty standing tall, vertically, right over the UPS Store I was entering.  I snapped this photo with my iPhone and zoomed indoors, all starry eyed, to tell everyone about the fabulous cloud overhead.  Thunderhead

They all looked at me like I had slipped a few gears.  Well...if I have, then so be it.  I'm a cloud freak.




5 comments:

Debra said...

pretty darn cool...

T Quick said...

Martie:
I am with you. We have stopped so many times in the past few days just for Bob to shoot the clouds or the rain with the sun behind the clouds. Absolutely breath-taking. Nothing compares to clouds in the mountains! Your shot is spectacular.
Teresa

Monte McBride said...

That is the most spectacular cloud, as well as, the most spectacular cloud photo I've ever seen.
Monte

RuthieJ said...

I'm a cloud freak too. :-)
I suppose no one even came out of the store to look at it with you did they?

Martie said...

You're right on, Ruthie, no one seemed to care.